New Strata Laws (NSW)
On 30 November 2016 the Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 (the new Act) commenced and the Strata Schemes Management Act 1996 (the old Act) was repealed. Transitional provisions in the new legislation ensure that certain things that happened under the authority of the old Act retain their validity to smooth the transition from the old Act to the new Act.
This course covers the topics:
- Owners corporations
- Annual general meetings
- Strata committees (previously known as executive committees)
- Previous decisions by owners corporations and executive committees
- Existing proceedings and orders under the old Act
- Terms of appointment of strata managing agents
- Caretakers and building managers
- Approved insurers
- Window safety devices
A certificate is available to print off on satisfactory completion of the course and the quiz.